Washington Post Hunt
Sunday, May 22, 2016
11:30 am - 04:00 pm
Miss Ditch Day? Join us at the Washington Post Hunt on May 22.
The Washington Post is the annual brainteaser competition held by Washington Post Magazine. (Official Rules) Thousands head downtown to solve head-scratcher puzzles and vie for a $2,00 grand prize... and to watch the inventors, Dave Barry, Tom Shroder, and Gene Weingarten, race around in Bermuda shorts with maniacal glints in their eyes.
- Sign up and check the list of who's coming.
- Form a team of 3-6 people.
- Last minute team formation can happen at 11:30.
- Bring a copy of the Washington Post Magazine for essential clues.
- Link to Official Rules
- You'll need a copy of the Washington Post Magazine (and you'll need to have read through it.)
- Pack a lunch and some water. Watch the weather, it may be hot, it could rain, the event will be mostly outdoors.
- Groups of 3-6 tend to work best during the puzzle phase from 12:00 to 3:00. Fewer than 3 and you don't get the discussion. More than about 6 and its unwieldy to move around in what are typically large crowds. Meet again before 3 and exchange progress on the puzzles.
- For reference, here are links to the