Los Angeles Make a Difference Day
National MS Society Walk
Saturday, Apr 9, 2016
06:30 am - 02:00 pm
Times vary based on volunteer role
Times vary, depending on volunteer role. Please see schedule and select your preferred slot.
Support walkers in this event celebrating the work of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and raising funds to further important research on this disease. The society's mission? People affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever. Volunteer shifts will vary based on your particular interest, and timing will vary accordingly, although the walk is set to begin at 10:00 a.m.
Schedule of Volunteer Positions Available
(select your position from the dropdown above)
- 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | Breakfast: Preparing fruit/bagels and distributing
- 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | Registration & Donation D/Off: Signing in participants and collecting donations
- 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | Team Tent Registration: Signing in participants and collecting donations for Teams
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Route Support & Marking: Hang signage along the route, aid participants
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Rest Stop 1: Passing out snacks/water on route, cheering
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Rest Stop 2: Passing out snacks/water on route, cheering
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. | General Event: General help - ice, garbage, finish line handouts
- 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Lunch: Helping vendors prepare and distribute food
- 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. | Finish Line: Cheering participants, distributing completion prize
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Clean Up: Full site breakdown with our staff
Then join us for BBQ!!
4:30 p.m. — All student and alumni participants are invited to join an end-of-day celebration of service at the Alumni House. We'll have a lively BBQ for the whole family to enjoy! To RSVP Click Here »